To celebrate our Lisbon inspired Autumn Winter collection we collaborated with chef Georgia Hearn, who created a Portuguese style rice dish with us in mind.
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Knob of butter
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 250g long grain white rice
- 1 tin of best quality tinned tomatoes
- 1 litre strong chicken stock
- 2 or 3 large king prawns with shells per person
- Aioli: 2 large egg yolks, 1 heaped tbsp Dijon mustard, juice of 1 lemon, 1 large crushed garlic clove and 300ml of Rapeseed oil
- Lemon wedges and chopped parsley to garnish
1. Start by making the aioli, which can be done in advance and kept in the fridge! Crush the garlic with a pinch of salt to help break it down. Add to a bowl with the mustard, lemon juice and egg yolks. Whisk together with an electric whisk as you slowly drop in the oil - this will bring the aioli together so it forms a mayonnaise consistency. Season to taste and loosen with more lemon juice if needed.
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan on a medium high heat and add the onions. Sauté for 5 minutes or until soft and translucent before adding the garlic and paprika.
3. Stir continuously for a minute, then add the rice and fry for another 2 minutes, coating the rice.
4. Add the tinned tomatoes and stock, bring the heat to a lower simmer and stir often as the rice cooks to Al dente and the liquid is absorbed - think risotto consistency.
5. Whilst the rice is cooking, place the prawns in a mixing bowl with olive oil and season. Use your hands to mix, until the prawns are evenly coated. Place a griddle pan over a high heat and once piping hot, add the prawns and grill on each side for 2 minutes.
6. Divide the risotto between 4 plates, top with spoonfuls of aioli (you will have leftovers!) and the chargrilled prawns. Serve with lemon wedges and parsley to garnish.
7. Get tucking in, it’s extra special!
If you're looking for a way to impress your dinner guests this Christmas - we have a stunning selection of dinnerware - from table linen to ceramics, placemats, napkins and vases! View our whole dining collection here.