September 23, 2021
Our First Capsule Furniture Collection
Wensum is our very first collection of furniture. This capsule range has been designed by Birdie as the perfect tie-in for our new Wanderings collection. Each of these new pieces is based on a mid-century table much loved by Birdie with a particularly chic silhouette. The unusual tapered legs on the tables and chairs all hark back to this original piece of furniture yet have a completely fresh, contemporary look.
All of the tables have been handmade by skilled furniture makers right here in Norfolk and the upholstered dining chairs were made by artisans in a small workshop in India. All of the pieces have been finished to the same, exceptional level and are hand-painted in a range of colours that will carry through from season to season.
Key to this capsule collection was its ability to be styled with ease in traditional and contemporary interior schemes. All of the pieces work particularly well when mixed in with painted and polished furniture. Read on for our favourite ways to style each piece:
1. Wensum Circular Table This is the perfect multi purpose table. Use it as a side table next to an armchair, in a pair in a bedroom, as a useful occasional table, in a hallway or even in a child’s room. The modest size and tapered legs make this table easy to use almost anywhere in the home.
2. Wensum Coffee Table We know how hard it is to find stylish, contemporary coffee tables which is why this piece was at the top of the list for our capsule collection. The classic shape of this table is juxtaposed by its unusual feet which give it a fresh, statement look. Try styling the taupe colour way in a conservatory or sitting room with minimal accessories in light tones. The Sage Green works particularly well in more traditional schemes and blends in perfectly with existing polished pieces. We love styling the Petrol Blue in contemporary interiors with an edge. This darker tone works really well with pops of colour and will hold its own styled with lots of books and decorative objects.
3. Wensum Dining Chair These dining chairs are the ultimate combination of style and comfort. With a perfectly positioned backrest and incredibly comfortable seat, these chairs are ideal for leisurely lunch gatherings and long dinner parties. We like to add cushions and throws to chairs for mid-winter gatherings, they are such lovely touches that are always appreciated - particularly in draughty older houses! As they are generously proportioned these stylish chairs also double up as occasional chairs and work very well in home offices too. Choose from three rich colours paired with 100% linen upholstery.
4. Wensum Pedestal Table This table has all of the versatility of the Circular Table in a larger size. Measuring 120cm in diameter, this piece is perfect as a breakfast table, hall table or dining table in a small dining room. The three statement colour ways give this table real impact in a room and make it easy to style with minimal accessories. Try styling in a hall on one of our Ghapla jute rugs with a range of decorative objects. A large arrangement of flowers would work well with a small selection of ceramics or sculptural pieces in varying heights.
5. Wensum Side Table This characterful side table is the perfect companion to our coffee table and works equally as well styled on its own next to a sofa or armchair. This table has been designed with proportions that make it perfect as a bedside table. The useful shelf is a practical and stylish addition that gives added versatility. We particularly like using the taupe colour way in a bedroom and the petrol blue is lovely in a drawing room with pared back accessories.